This program is designed for children ages 3-6 years (Preschool, Kindergarten and 1st Grade).
However, every child is unique and many activities can be differentiated and adapted for wider range of ages 2-8.
Llamitas Spanish includes two sets of materials to accommodate for beginners and native speakers alike:
- Use the Spanish Beginners materials (Teacher's Guide and Activity Pack) for levels A1-B1.
- Use the Spanish Immersion materials (Manual y Guía del Maestro) for levels B2-C2.
The curriculum develops foundational skills in early childhood education surrounding 6 core lessons:
1. Phonics: Tracing, Letter Recognition, Sounds & Syllables.
2. Early Math: Counting, Identifying Patterns, Number Matching & Sorting.
3. Literacy: Authentic Listening & Reading Comprehensions, Poetry, Sequencing & Recitations.
4. Fine Motor Skills: Cutting, Sequencing, Glueing, Cooking & Crafts.
5. Gross Motor Skills: Music, Movement & Games.
6. Art Studies: Expressing Opinions & Discussing Artwork.
We know printing is a hassle that's why we separated the Teacher's Guide from the Activity Pack.
We recommend only printing:
- Selected Printables in the Activity Pack/Manual that best suit your child’s age and level.
- The 12 Unit Flashcards.
- Printing of the Teacher Guide is optional. We recommend using it digitally to save paper.
Tip: Use Dry Erase Pockets to reuse activities. These are available on Amazon and most stationary retail stores.
We believe that a thematic approach to foreign language learning allows the child to engage with the content in a far more meaningful way, as opposed to completing a series of isolated, rote learning activities.
From math and phonics to music and movement games, the repetition of vocabulary through the many learning skills and intelligences (Howard Gardner: Frames of Mind) allows the child to make deeper connections with the language and, most importantly, to have fun in the process.
Due to the nature of our products being digital downloads, we cannot offer refunds. All sales are final. However, we are happy to resolve any issue such as duplicate purchases, or if you want to upgrade your order to the curriculum bundle, etc.
We cannot offer refunds or validate coupons from missed sales. We do understand the frustration that this can cause because it has happened to all of us. But please be understanding that we cannot make exceptions.